Medical professional red flags –
- They label you as a hypochondriac (someone who has health anxiety) when you express your fears and invalidate your concerns.
- They don’t tell you the side effects of prescribed medicine / brush them off.
- They insist that their diagnosis is right when you have evidence otherwise.
- They become defensive when you ask for a second opinion.
- They rush you through the medical process and don’t spend enough time to understand your condition.
- They don’t listen to you or your suggestions.
- They spend more time berating you and your choices than actually helping you.
- They talk more about themselves than to you.
Many, people do not trust medical professionals because of these reasons, but the fact is that there are plenty of ethical doctors and nurses out there who do want to help you that these people give a bad name to.
Please feel free to swap doctors if they display any of these red flags until you meet a good one! Save this post as a reminder!